Slumberland Mattress 10 / 15 – Year Warranty Terms & Conditions
- All Slumberland mattresses (the “Product”) carry a 15-year local warranty (Kidspaedic Mattress carries a 10-year local warranty) against manufacturing defects (“the Warranty Period”) from the date of delivery.
- The Warranty Period varies according to the models of the purchased product. If the mattress is repaired or replaced, the Warranty Period will neither be renewed nor extended.
- To enjoy this warranty service, customer should complete online warranty registration within 30 days of delivery. Customer may contact our hotline at (852) 2156 8866 for enquiry.
- This warranty is not transferable and is only applicable to the first/original purchaser of the Product. In claiming under this warranty, the purchaser shall furnish to us the original invoice.
- The warranty only covers defect in workmanship or material. Slumberland will repair or replace the damaged parts as well as reserve the right to use other materials in similar quality or replace the mattress by the then current model of comparable value due to discontinuation of supply within the Warranty Period.
- The warranty does not cover mattress fabric and change in softness and recovery time which normally associates with latex or foam over time.
- In the following cases, the warranty service will automatically become invalid: –
- Misuse or negligent use, e.g. sit on the edge of the mattress, stand or jump onto the mattress. (Please refer to the information on next section – “Mattress Maintenance and Care”.
- Willful damage.
- Using of the mattress other than for domestic use (e.g., stock keeping, service apartment, outdoor activities etc.)
- Normal wear and tear e.g. body impression on upholstery within 1.5 inches.
- Using an inappropriate bed frame or foundation (e.g. insufficient bed frame support).
- Problems caused by natural environment e.g. humidity or damage caused by liquid penetration, cleaning, high power vacuum or the use of cleaning agents.
- Damage caused by natural disasters e.g. fire, flood, earthquake, etc.
- Damage due to repair or removal by unauthorized person.
- Mattress not located at the registered address.
- Residual of wool caused by electrostatic or usage of high power vacuum.
- Personal preferences and requirements e.g. firmness, comfort and odor.
- Display item or mattress sold “as is”.
- The mattress is in any unsanitary condition, e.g., due to blood or bodily fluids, stains, soiling and infestation.
- This warranty is only applicable to Hong Kong Island, Kowloon and the New Territories. This warranty could be extended to Macau if the mattress is purchased through our authorized dealer in Macau. Extra inspection fee and delivery cost (according to the then prevailing price list) will be charged for Macau, Ma Wan, Tung Chung, Discovery Bay, inaccessible areas or any locations far away from car park or without lift service.
- Upon any manufacturing defects reported by the purchaser during the Warranty Period, a site inspection shall be conducted subject to payment of inspection fee in the sum of $300 (but free inspection during the first year) (“Inspection Fee”). The Inspection Fee is non-refundable regardless of the outcome of the inspection. We shall decide whether to repair or replace the mattress. The cost of transportation for repair and replacement (as the case may be) shall be borne by the purchaser according to the then prevailing price list.
- In respect of a valid claim lodged within the Warranty Period, the fee for repairing or replacing a mattress is as follows: (The company reserves the right to set the latest recommended retail price)
During the 1st 2 years : Replacement will be given free of charge
During the 3rd year : 30% of latest recommended retail price
During the 4th year : 40% of latest recommended retail price
During the5th year : 50% of latest recommended retail price
During the 6th – 10th years : 60% of latest recommended retail price
During the 11th – 15th years : 70% of latest recommended retail price
The number of years mentioned above is counted from the date of delivery. The above fee (if any) is exclusive of the charges mentioned in Clauses 8 and 9 above.
- Slumvono Limited reserves the right of final decision in case of any disputes.
Mattress Maintenance and Care
Proper maintenance is the key to extend the life of your mattress. Follow the instructions below to give your mattress the best care:
- Remove the polythene bag before use.
- It is very important to turn your mattress from head to toe and flip upside down every 3 months to equalize body impressions. Body impressions are formed because the quality filling layers conform to your body contour after some time. Less than 1.5 inches compression of upholstery material is considered as normal body impression and not sagging. Therefore, it is not covered by the warranty service. (The non-flip mattresses come with pillow top or having a different type of finishing at bottom. They are only required to turn from head to toe).
- All Slumberland mattresses cannot be used on slatted bed frame, wire mesh or any foundation with weak support.
- Do not iron clothes or place any heat source on mattress to prevent damage.
- Do not stand or jump onto the mattress, sit on the edge, or allow heavy pressure on any particular area of the mattress as it may cause damage to the pad and the spring coils.
- Do not wash or dry clean your mattress. To remove stains, gently rub the stained surface immediately with a wet cloth and wait until dry before using.
- Always use a Slumberland mattress protector pad on your mattress to avoid stains and soiling.
- Leave your mattress uncovered from bed sheet/cover for several hours each week. Slumberland mattress has special ventilators to induce movement of fresh air in and out of the mattress freely. It will help to keep the internal upholstery layers dry and hygienic.
- Keep it dry to extend the life of a mattress.
- Do not place the mattress directly on floor to prevent the moisture from affecting the quality of mattress.